1) Know the anatomy of the muscle (in general) and the names and locations of the muscles in the coloring book.
2) Know the sliding filament theory.
3) Know the neuro-muscular junction.
4) Basically - all the stuff in your coloring book!
5) All the stuff below this is some details from the Interactive Physiology program...
1) What is ATP?
2) Explain how energy input and output works with Hydrolysis and Dehydration Synthesis of ATP.
3) What is the role of Creatine?
4) What sort of "work" does ATP do?
5) Briefly explain the process of anaerobic cellular respiration.
6) Briefly explain the process of aerobic cellular respiration.
7) What are the sources of sugars for use in cellular respiration? (Including diet & other sources)
8) What hormones are involved?
9) Explain general characteristics of the different types of muscle fibers we all have...
Contraction of Motor Units
1) What is a motor unit?
2) How do we achieve precise movements?
3) How to we do gross (large) moment?
4) Explain the process of "muscle tone".
5) Define "flaccid".
Whole Muscle Contraction
1) A single muscle fiber contracts ______ or ______.
2) A whole muscle has a range of force of contraction. Explain the 3 factors determining this force of contraction.
3) Draw and label a singe muscle twitch graph.
4) Draw and label a graph showing summation.
5) What are the various segments of the following graph called?
Types of Muscle Contraction
Be sure to know the 3 terms on the following image...